Season’s greetings from Joseph Liberti and FluteDaddy. Our turkey has been pardoned and is doing a happy dance. Watch the one minute video made just for you. I have so much to be thankful for this year especially all of you. Please read the rest below the video.
Thank you one and all for helping make 2015 FluteDaddy’s best music year ever.
The band played more concerts and special events than any year before. Our Ladder To The Moon project was a success. culminating in two performances of my compositions inspired by the art and life of Georgia O’Keeffe at the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center. We added lots of fresh music and new arrangements to our play list. The FluteDaddy Quartet really hit it’s stride and played our best performances ever while having great fun!.
I’d like to give a Thanksgiving shout out to: All our clients and all the wonderful Colorado musicians who performed with FluteDaddy and all of you who to turned out to listen to our music!.
Special thanks go to:
- Phil and Meg Kendall, Jan and Dan Ostrom, Ellen Troyer, Carol Dickerson and Pikes Peak Jazz and Swing Society for helping to fund the Ladder To The Moon project.
- Director Tara Thomas and The Bemis School Of Art at Colorado Springs Fine At Center for hosting and supporting Ladder To The Moon.
- David Hanson, arranger and pianist, for coaching me to compose and arrange music for Ladder To The Moon and for the stellar performances on the keyboard.
- Colorado jazz icon Alan Joseph for his mentoring, great performances and the joyful experiences of making music together.
- Stefan Flores for making his drums sing the music and for his enthusiastic encouragement and support.
- Creekside Cuisine for hiring us for three months and enabling some of the best music I have ever played.
- Flutist and educator Karen Morsch for coaching me to get the most out of that crazy silver tube and improving my performance.
- Marc Neihof for always showing up and serenely playing some of the best bass you ever heard.
I am also so very grateful for: Beautiful Colorado and the good health to enjoy it; The opportunity to express my musical passion in this lifetime; Great hikes with loyal canine best friend Eddie; The felines Leo and Nina who deign to live with us and allow me to serve them; And the love and support of my dear wife, and blooming artist, Carol.
Love and happiness to you all!